The 10th International Conference on Software Business (ICSOB 2019) will be held November 18-20, 2019 in Jyväskylä, Finland. ICSOB 2019 brings together researchers and practitioners to share their findings and experiences from the field of software-intensive business. The ICSOB conference attracts both researchers and practitioners who are concerned with software-intensive business in different ways.
Submission dl (extended): August 19th
Camera-ready: September 11th
Conference: November 18-20th
SLUSH: November 21-22th
Authors are invited to submit papers addressing contemporary issues emerging at the intersection of the software and business domains, broadly defined. Both papers reporting research results and industrial experiences are welcome.
The world’s leading startup event will be held November 21-22, 2019 in Helsinki, Finland. During the past few years, SLUSH has been able to attract several thousand startups, investors, academic and journalist from more than 130 countries to share experiences and meet new promising business ideas. The participants of ICSOB 2019 are highly encouraged to utilize the opportunity and take part in the SLUSH 2019.
The first decade and beyond
Software is pervasively crosscutting all industries and it is nowadays hard to name a business field, which has not been revolutionized by software products and services. While software business has a number of similarities with other knowledge-intensive field, it still has unique features, which has made it a challenging domain for research.
ICSOB 2019 will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the software-intensive business conference and welcomes submissions summarizing the development during the past decade as well as addressing the future of software-intensive business. We are especially welcoming studies addressing new and emerging ideas.
We welcome both research and industry papers to the conference. The papers should be original and not submitted to or accepted by any other conference or journal. We are looking for short position and practice papers (maximum 6 pages) that provide insights in industry case studies or in promising new areas; and full research papers (maximum 15 pages) describing novel approaches to software-intensive business for software products and services.
The topics that ICSOB welcomes, but are not certainly limited to:
- Software Development and Product Management
- Software engineering management and productivity
- Lifecycle perspective
- Speeding up time-to-market
- Effective business model transformation and improvement
- Continuous delivery and agile development to support software businesses
- Economic aspects of engineering of e.g. requirements, testing, design
- Software product management, product life-cycles and product-line strategy
- Return on investment from software engineering process improvements
- Pricing strategies
- Design thinking
- Software Ecosystems and Platforms
- Emerging ecosystems and platforms
- Ecosystem health and dynamics in ecosystems
- Ecosystem orchestration and platform governance
- App economy
- Ecosystem actors and supply network analysis
- Platform-based business models and value co-creation
- API economy
- Software Business Development
- Business modeling for software products and services
- Economics of software companies
- Internationalization of software-intensive companies
- Mergers and acquisitions in the software industry
- Startups and new venture creation
- Success factors for software-intensive startups
- Software startup processes
- Disruptive innovation and adoption of startups
- Managing startup and growth hacking
- Intertwined software product and business model development
- New ideas and emerging areas
- Impact of megatrends on software business such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR, VR etc.
- Disruptive trends in software business
- Business Analytics, data analytics
- The future of software-intensive business
- Software business and entrepreneurship education
- Game business and gamification in software-intensive business
- Full paper submissions:
August 12th, 2019(timezone AoE)
- Notification of acceptance: September 2nd, 2019
- Camera-ready copies: September 11th, 2019
- Conference: November 18-20th, 2019
Papers should be submitted in PDF format. The submission should be anonymized. The results described must be unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere. Submissions must conform to Springer’s LNBIP/LNCS format and should not exceed 15 pages, including all text, figures, references and appendices. Three to five keywords characterizing the paper should be indicated at the end of the abstract. Submissions are done through Easychair.
Information about the Springer LNBIP/LNCS format can be found at
The papers should be submitted through Easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icsob2019
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three reviewers. Accepted papers will be presented at ICSOB 2019 and published in the conference proceedings, which is published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP).
Workshops, tutorials and panels
ICSOB 2019 will host workshops, tutorials and panels that will complement the main conference program, widening and deepening the perspective of the conference. Workshops are either half or full day.
Please use the following format for workshop proposals:
- Abstract, suitable for inclusion in conference’s webpage, and possible website for the workshop
- Description, to be used for evaluation, including aims and/or objectives
- Target audience and estimated number of participants (minimum and maximum) as well as requirements for facilities, equipment, and materials
- Biography and contact information of workshop/tutorial organizers
Proposals should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates for workshops
- Workshop proposals: June 3rd , 2019
- Notification of acceptance: June 16th, 2019
Important dates for tutorials and panels
- Tutorials proposals: August 12th , 2019
- Notification of acceptance: September 2nd, 2019